Your birth plan
A birth plan helps make sure your choices are respected during labor and delivery. Your birth plan describes what you want to the provider and nurses who help deliver your baby. It can include the types of medicine you do or do not want to take, who you want to be in the room with you when you have your baby, and any religious or cultural practices you follow.
Below are questions to answer to start your birth plan:
- Where do you want to have your baby?
- Do you want skin-to-skin contact with your baby within an hour of birth (recommended)?
- Who do you want in the room with you during labor and delivery?
- Are there any traditions you want for your baby’s birth?
- Who do you want to cut the umbilical cord?
Learn more about birth plans.
Download a printable birth plan here.
Want to Read More?
Access all of Twill Care’s content, community, and experts for free!
Already a member? Login