• Board-certified rheumatologist
• Associate Professor of Medicine and Epidemiology at the University of Pennsylvania (UPenn) Perelman School of Medicine
• Director of the Penn Medicine Psoriatic Arthritis and Spondyloarthropathies Program
• Her research goal is to improve outcomes for people living with inflammatory arthritis
Alexis Ogdie, M.D., is an associate professor of medicine and epidemiology at the University of Pennsylvania (UPenn) Perelman School of Medicine. She is also the director of the Penn Medicine Psoriatic Arthritis and Spondyloarthropathies Program.
Ogdie has published 150 papers on psoriatic arthritis and inflammatory arthritis in general. These include studies focusing on comorbidities, what it means to “respond” to therapy for psoriatic arthritis, and how to identify which people with psoriasis may be at high risk for developing psoriatic arthritis.
“The mission of my research program is to improve outcomes in psoriatic arthritis by accelerating diagnosis; increasing the focus on meaningful, patient-centered outcomes; and developing and advancing methods for precision medicine,” Ogdie says.
In her free time, she enjoys staying active. “I was trained as a personal trainer and spinning instructor back in college and medical school,” she says. “I also play tennis whenever I get a chance and aspire to one day win against Dr. Gelfand in pingpong!”
Ogdie earned a Bachelor of Science degree in chemistry from the University of Minnesota Twin Cities. She attended Georgetown School of Medicine, in Washington, D.C., for medical school and then UPenn in Philadelphia for training in internal medicine, rheumatology, and epidemiology/pharmacoepidemiology.
Affiliations and Publications
• UPenn Psoriatic Arthritis and Spondyloarthropathies Program
• Deputy Director of the Center for Clinical Epidemiology and Biostatistics (CCEB)
• National Psoriasis Foundation Scientific Advisory Committee
• Group for Research and Assessment of Psoriasis and Psoriatic Arthritis (GRAPPA) Steering Committee
• American College of Rheumatology Practice Guidelines Committee
• “Longitudinal Analysis of the Patient Pathways to Diagnosis of Psoriatic Arthritis.” Arthritis Research & Therapy (2021).
• “Racial Differences in Prevalence and Treatment for Psoriatic Arthritis and Ankylosing Spondylitis by Insurance Coverage in the USA.” Rheumatology and Therapy (2021).
• “Real-World Treatment Patterns and Healthcare Costs in Patients with Psoriatic Arthritis Treated with Ixekizumab: A Retrospective Study.” ACR Open Rheumatology (2021).
• “Body Surface Area Affected by Psoriasis and the Risk for Psoriatic Arthritis: A Prospective Population-Based Cohort Study.” Rheumatology (2021).
• See at full listing of Ogdie’s publications at PubMed.gov
Experts are medical professionals who have been engaged by Twill Care to provide information and support to our users. Posts from Experts are not medical advice and do not represent the position of Twill.