• Board-certified dermatologist at Cedars-Sinai
• Trained at Stanford University School of Medicine and the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA)
• Lives with psoriasis and also treats people with psoriasis
Allison Truong, M.D., is a board-certified dermatologist at Cedars-Sinai in Beverly Hills, California. She practices a full range of medical, cosmetic, and procedural dermatology but takes a special interest in taking care of people with psoriasis.
“My passion for caring for psoriasis patients stems from my personal experience with psoriasis since age 8,” Truong says. “I come from a family of teachers and love to educate my patients on their condition, and teach them to learn to manage the skin condition themselves so they may regain confidence in their own skin.”
In her free time, Truong enjoys practicing yoga and training for half-marathons. She also loves spending time with her friends and family.
Truong completed a Bachelor of Science degree in physiological science with a minor in Asian languages from the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA). She earned her medical degree from Stanford University School of Medicine. She completed an internship at Cedars-Sinai, with a preliminary year in internal medicine, and did a residency in dermatology at UCLA.
Affiliations and Publications
• Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, California
• Cedars Sinai Medical Group, Beverly Hills, California
• “COVID-19 Infection on IL-23 Inhibition.” Dermatologic Therapy (2020).
• “Nummular Dermatitis on Guselkumab for Palmoplantar Psoriasis.” Dermatologic Therapy (2019).
• “RAC1 Activation Drives Pathologic Interactions Between the Epidermis and Immune Cells.” The Journal of Clinical Investigation (2016).
• See a full listing of Truong’s publications at PubMed.gov
Experts are medical professionals who have been engaged by Twill Care to provide information and support to our users. Posts from Experts are not medical advice and do not represent the position of Twill.